Thursday, June 11, 2015

What Does Being "Saved" Mean?

People of faith often talk of being saved. What exactly does that mean? I've posted on this topic previously. But returning to this topic, I am reminded of a sermon I once heard by John MacArthur. In that sermon, he said that Ezekiel 36 provides the perfect description of what it means to be saved.

Specifically, turning to chapter 36, verses 25-27 (NLT),
I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean. Your filth will be washed away, and you will no longer worship idols. And I will give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit in you. I will take out your stony, stubborn heart and give you a tender, responsive heart. And I will put my Spirit in you so that you will follow my decrees and be careful to obey my regulations.
That's what happens when we turn our lives over to God.  Today in our prayers, let us ask God to give us that salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment