Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Assurance of God's Promise

In Isaiah 45:19 (KJV), God, speaking through Isaiah, says,
I have not spoken in secret, in a dark place of the earth:
I said not unto the seed of Jacob, Seek ye me in vain.
During those inevitable times when our faith wavers, let us turn to this verse to be reminded of God's promise. He does not say, "Seek me in vain." Rather, he says (Jeremiah 29:13, KJV),
Ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
But does this promise apply only to the "seed of Jacob" (meaning Israelites). As it turns out, we're all the "seed of Jacob," whether related by blood or not! Paul writes (Ephesians 3:5-6, ESV),
The Gentiles are fellow heirs, members of the same body, and partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel.
So the message is this: It doesn't matter where you come from, or who you're related to. God's message in Isaiah 45:19 applies to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment