Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Write down a Bible verse

I tend to hit points when my prayer life feels stale, including, for some reason, during this past week. So for the past several days, I've used a trick to try to refresh myself.

First, find a Bible verse that resonates with you. Perhaps that verse comes from daily Bible reading. Or perhaps that verse comes from a website that offers a "verse of the day." (Try Biblegateway or the online King James site or Bibledice.)

Second, write down the verse on a small piece of paper, and tuck it in your pocket. (I often copy from the KJV, just for its poetic style.)

Third, whenever you have a quiet moment throughout the day, pull the paper out, re-read the verse, and briefly reflect on its meaning.

Next day, repeat the process with a new verse.

I've been doing this for the past several days, and it does seem to be offering a small revival to my prayer life. Give it a try!

2 comments:

  1. Try this one my website - Mybibleverses.org/random-bible-verse

    It's same random Bible verse generator help you to learn the Bible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete