Tuesday, August 2, 2016

An easy-to-memorize prayer from Numbers

Most of chapter 6 of Numbers puts forth the requirements of the "Nazirite Vow." Essentially, if one seeks to set himself apart for God in a special way, he can adhere to the requirements put forth in that chapter.

But, at the very end of chapter 6, unrelated to the Nazirite material, is the "Priestly Blessing" that God gave to Aaron as a way to bless the Israelites. The blessing appears in Numbers 6:24-26. Here, I work from the NLT, but modify the wording to read like a first-person appeal to God:
Lord, bless me and protect me.
Smile on me and be gracious to me. 
Show me your favor and give me your peace.
This blessing is easy to memorize, and makes for a great prayer. Today, try praying it at the top of the hour, every hour, and see if it jumpstarts your prayer life.

No comments:

Post a Comment