Monday, February 11, 2019

A prayer of praise from Isaiah

The book of Isaiah is long and dense, teeming with prophecies, prayers, visions, and judgments, often packed within just a few verses.

The 12th chapter contains a brief, powerful prayer of praise. I reproduce the first two verses of that chapter from the KJV translation here:
O Lord, I will praise thee: though thou wast angry with me, thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me. Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.
The prayer thanks God for his mercy, his salvation, and his protection, exactly the sorts of topics upon which to base a prayer of praise. Those verses are short and easy to memorize. Let us try them in prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment