Thursday, June 30, 2022

Cause me to hear ... in the morning

In the morning, when we first awake, we can set our days upon spiritual paths by saying a quick prayer. (In fact, trouble seems to start quickly when we neglect this!)

Psalm 143:8 (KJV) contains a wonderful, easy-to-memorize prayer that is perfect for a brief morning prayer. It reads,

Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee.

If the Shakespearean English of the KJV feels a bit stiff, here is the same verse in the NLT,

Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning, for I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you.

Try memorizing this and reciting it first thing in the morning. Try that for, say, a week, and see how it sets your path!

No comments:

Post a Comment