Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Hello and welcome!



Hello, and welcome to my blog entitled “Pray without Ceasing.” The title is taken from the King James Version translation of 1 Thessalonians 5:17. I strongly believe that active and continual prayer is the key not only to an active relationship with God, but also to a fulfilling personal life.

Of course, there is no shortage of religious blogs on the internet, but many of those seem to be maintained by “expert” Christians, or individuals with some kind of formal training in Christian theology. By contrast, I have no such formal theological training, and therefore I want this blog to represent the thoughts and experiences regarding prayer of a “layperson.”

I have no intention of ranking or comparing different theologies. Rather, as someone who has a fascination with the Bible, I will try to keep my discussions Bible-based. I will attempt to provide weekly posts, to the extent that my schedule allows.

This post is mostly a test to learn how to blog. Until next time, pray without ceasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment