Friday, October 17, 2014

A Vision of Heaven

My last several posts have been rather dour, with emphasis on sin and contrition. So for today's post, let's turn to something far more pleasant!

Chapter 37 of the book of Ezekiel includes a prophesy of a reunited kingdom of Israel. Yet, the prophesy also serves as an obvious vision of heaven. As written in Ezekiel 37:25-27 (ESV),
They and their children and their children's children shall dwell there forever, and David my servant shall be their prince forever. I will make a covenant of peace with them. It shall be an everlasting covenant with them. And I will set them in their land and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in their midst forevermore. My dwelling place shall be with them, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
This beautiful promise of peaceful union with God gives us hope. In your prayers today, meditate on this vision, and try to feel even a fraction of that peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment