Friday, October 3, 2014

Exalt God, and God Alone

I once heard Jack Graham say that most sin is the consequence of not enough prayer. I agree completely. Related, I once heard Charles Stanley say that, if you're having trouble praying, that's a good sign that you need to get on your knees and pray. Those guys are much smarter than me, so I won't try to expand upon their points.

Instead, let me add that, in addition to insufficient prayer, many sins stem from our desire to seek earthly approval, whether from friends, colleagues, neighbors, family, and even strangers. Our desire to gain approval and seek praise from others often leads us to act in ways that run counter to God's will.

So don't seek to exalt yourself. Rather, live to exalt God. As written in Isaiah 2:22 (ESV),
Stop regarding man in whose nostrils is breath, for of what account is he?

No comments:

Post a Comment