Thursday, July 16, 2015

A Simple Morning Prayer from Deuteronomy 26

In the morning, many of us are groggy, grabbing for coffee, and rushing to get our day started. But before doing anything else, saying a quick prayer can set our day on a proper spiritual course.

Deuteronomy 26:17 provides a great template for a quick morning prayer. (I switched second to first person, and I changed the tense of the first verb, but, otherwise, I copied this verse from the ESV.)
I declare today that the Lord is my God, and that I will walk in his ways, and keep his statutes and his commandments and his rules, and will obey his voice.
I previously have posted that memorizing a Bible verse can be a great way to jump start prayer. Well, Deuteronomy 26:17 is an easy-to-memorize verse, and a great way to start the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment